Hello, everyone! Believe it or not, I don’t exist exclusively on Twitter!
Fun fact: I started my Twitter to promote this blog, which was originally going to be centered on Raw recaps and the like. However, I soon figured out that my recaps weren’t reaching an audience big enough for the headache they caused me, so I decided to try and make my blog more opinionated. I THEN realized that posting my thoughts straight to Twitter was vastly more effective than what I was doing on this blog.
I’ve also been crazy busy. ICYMI…
- I’m a real journalist.
- I’m still recapping women’s wrestling every week.
- I also like playing games and reacting to stuff with my friend.
- I do improv.
- I’ve gotten to be a guest on a ton of podcasts since I’m too lazy to maintain my own.
- I got to do some real work for a real wrestling event.
However, my real love has always been and always will be writing. I breathe it.
That’s why I’m going to try and move this blog in a new direction.
For those of you who don’t know, I’m currently a junior in college studying to become a journalist. I love writing. I love investigating. And I’d like to believe I’m pretty good at it. Now, I wouldn’t use the stuff I have here as ample evidence, but my point stands: writing is my dream. I’m going to school for it. My degree is my only concern right now; absolutely nothing else matters more to me than my education.
That means that this blog, for now, isn’t my priority. Neither is my Twitter. But perhaps I can make this into something more fun for all of us.
I’m a creative writer. I’m a foodie. I’m a wrestling fan.
I’m going to try and blend all of those things into this blog by posting recipes, funny wrestling stories, and maybe even interviews, if I ever get any done. I want to make this blog something that doesn’t feel like a chore for me to maintain and something that wrestling fans, wrestlers, or anyone, really, can enjoy.
So, long writey-crap aside, what does this mean for the blog?
- I’ll try to write more in general.
- I’ll be posting recipes and maybe little cooking videos here inspired by wrestling stuff.
- I’ll actually do post-show write-ups when I go see stuff live. I promise.
- I’ll share links to stuff I do outside of wrestling, including journalism and Star Wars stuff!
Thanks for everything, friends! MWAH!